This recipe is about to change your brunch game. Serve it with mimosas, and it’s guaranteed to blow away your family and friends. Or save it for the dinner crowd and serve with a light salad.
- 4 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 rainbow trout fillets (about 4 ounces each), cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Steam the potatoes in a pot or microwave for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy dry pan, cook the onion and pepper over medium heat until the onion is translucent. If the ingredients begin to stick, add water, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook until tender, tossing every 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the trout and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until the trout is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as is for brunch or on top of crisp greens for lunch or dinner.
NUTRITION (1 serving/335g): Calories 280, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g, Protein 21g