My favorite regular family dinner is “Thanksgiving.” I make it at least once a month and can prepare it from beginning to end in less than an hour-and-a-half. Make the cranberry sauce first so it has time to chill.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic or vegan cane sugar
- One 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries (use frozen if out of season)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 45 minutes or in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve and save any extras for another day (although we never ever have any leftovers of this sauce).
NUTRITION (1/5 recipe/154g): Calories 180, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 41g, Protein 0g