No trip to a chichi French restaurant necessary. This is délicieux!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup sweet or dry vermouth
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 haddock steaks, about 4 ounces each
- In a small blender or food processor, purée the cashews and water until smooth and creamy.
- In a heavy dry pan, cook the mushrooms over medium heat until tender. If the mushrooms begin to stick, add water, a few tablespoons at a time. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cashew cream, vermouth, water, parsley, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir until combined.
- Place the fish in the pan, coat the fish with sauce, cover the pan, and heat for 8 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through.
- Serve on top of a whole grain (such as brown rice or kamut) or whole-wheat pasta to soak up the delicious sauce.
NUTRITION (1 serving/254g): Calories 260, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 1650mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g, Protein 22g