This spicy treat will bring out the holiday spirit in everyone, thanks to Rebecca of Vegan Sweet Tooth.
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic or vegan cane sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2½ cups white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes to curdle.
- Add the sugar and molasses to the soy-milk mixture and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a 9-by-13-inch non-stick baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of nondairy ice cream. Or cover tightly and store.
- Awesome for breakfast topped with fresh berries and bananas.
NUTRITION (1/9 recipe/113g): Calories 290, Calories from Fat 15, Total Fat 1.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 35g, Protein 5g
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Copyright 2016 - Seagan Eating - www.seaganeating.com