This easy-as-pie recipe is another inspiration from my amazing friend Abby—an unassuming genius in the kitchen.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 black cod steaks, about 4 ounces each
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- In a zip-top bag, mix the maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Add the cod steaks and toss to distribute the sauce to cover the fish. Let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours if you have time, or cook immediately.
- Transfer the fish to a baking dish or broiling pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- I like to serve this with steamed bok choy and brown rice.
NUTRITION (1 serving/171g): Calories 190, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 1350mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 27g, Protein 19g