A simple gluten-free version of the classic (thanks, Rebecca of Vegan Sweet Tooth).
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup organic or vegan cane sugar
- ½ cup hemp milk
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together the peanut butter, sugar, and hemp milk.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, drop individual cookies on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave on the baking sheet until cooled.
- Share and enjoy these delightful cookies with your gluten-free and gluten-eating friends.
NUTRITION (1 cookie/31g): Calories 120, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g, Protein 3g